I can’t believe it’s been a week since my last post! Usually, I’m pretty spot on with posting but there has been a flurry of activity. Last week, it was art week in San Francisco AND the inaugural ‘Asian Contemporary Art Week’ brought to the city by Asian Contemporary Arts Consortium. It’s difficult to really encapsulate a week’s worth of art activity ON TOP of my work week. I’m taking a break now to write this little blurb.
Last weeks highlights, you ask?
- Meeting Holland Cotter
- Hanging out with the Art Practical Editorial Staff
- Watching Jenifer Wofford, Mike Lai, and the Charming Hostess performance pieces at Southern Exposure (SOEX)
- Talking to Johanna Poethig about muralism (ran into her at SOEX)
- Hanging with my art twin, artist, Matt Ganucheau and checking out the art fair circuit (ArtPad SF + SF Fine Art Fair + artMRKT = One exhausting weekend of walking around and seeing what the tastemakers are into!)
- Getting ‘pinned’ by gallery director of Satellite66 Gallery, Valerie Leavy, at ArtPad SF
- Sitting in on the ZERO1 panel discussion at ArtPad SF – The Urban Canvas with ZERO1 Executive Director, Joel Slayton and artists, Leo Villareal (yes, he is the man who is lighting up the Bay Bridge with LED lights) and Mark Pauline (founder of Survival Research Labs – Yes, the man who does performance art with robotics) ~ Write-up in progress
- Checking out the Casey Cripe show at J. Rusten Studio
- Paying one of my other favorite gallery owners, Jack Fischer, a visit at his artMRKT booth and major gratitude and general catch up
- Running into my favorite art couple, Scott Kildall and Victoria Scott (and meeeting Mama Scott) ~ Love!
- TRYING desperately to meet a deadline this past week and lucky to work with such a kind and understanding editor!
- Oh, did I mentioned meeting Holland Cotter!? Yup…I was in art heaven | paradise!! ::sigh::
NOW, pictures to follow, which I will get to in the next day or two among other things… 😉 If you want immediate retinal gratification, check out my stream of Instagram photos here. Past art fair photos and write-ups can be found here, here, and here. The fancy pants camera photos coming soon!!